Thomas M. Siebel Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Siebel is the founder of our company and has served as the Chairman of our board of directors since January 2009, and as our Chief Executive Officer since July 2011. Prior to founding our company, Mr. Siebel founded and served as the Chief Executive Officer of Siebel Systems, a global CRM software company, from 1993 until it merged with Oracle Corporation in January 2006. Mr. Siebel served in various leadership positions with Oracle Corporation from January 1984 to September 1990. Mr. Siebel currently serves as a member of the College of Engineering boards at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the University of California, Berkeley. He was elected a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in April 2013. Mr. Siebel holds a B.A. in History, an M.B.A., and an M.S. in Computer Science, each from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He is the author of four books, including most recently the best-selling Digital Transformation: Survive and Thrive in an Era of Mass Extinction (RosettaBooks, 2019).
Honors and Awards
- Entrepreneur of the Year – EY, 2018
- Glassdoor Top CEO – 2018
- Honorary Ph.D. – Politecnico di Torino, 2018
- Entrepreneur of the Year – EY, 2017
- Best Places to Work, 100% CEO approval rating – Glassdoor, 2017
- Most Admired CEO Lifetime Achievement Award – San Francisco Business Times, 2016
- Academy of Arts and Sciences, Elected Member – April 2013
- #3 of the World’s Top 25 Philanthropists – Barron’s, November 2010
- Woodrow Wilson Award for Corporate Citizenship
- Engineering at Illinois Hall of Fame – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2010
- #5 of the World’s Top 25 Philanthropists – Barron’s, 2009
- Top 50 Philanthropists – BusinessWeek 2007, 2008
- Honorary Ph.D. Engineering – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2006
- Thomas M. Siebel, Master Entrepreneur of the Year – Ernst & Young, 2003
- Entrepreneurial Company of the Year – Harvard Business School, 2003
- Hall of Fame – CRM Magazine, 2003
- CEO of the Year – Industry Week, 2002
- Top 25 Managers in Global Business – BusinessWeek, 1999 to 2002
- Top 10 CEOs of 2000 – Investor’s Business Daily, 2000
- The World’s Most Influential Software Company – BusinessWeek, 2000
- The Most Influential Company in IT – Intelligent Enterprise, 2000
- Fastest Growing Technology Company – Deloitte & Touche, 1999
- Fastest Growing Company in America – Fortune, 1999
- Digital Transformation: Survive and Thrive in an Era of Mass Extinction, RosettaBooks, July 2019
- “Digital Transformation: The Post-Industrial Utility,” Aspenia Magazine, June 2018
- “Why Digital Transformation Is Now on the CEO’s Shoulders,” McKinsey Quarterly 2018 Number 1
- “Thought Leaders Speak Out: Key Trends Driving Change in the Electric Power Industry,” The Edison Foundation Institute for Electric Innovation (IEI), 2015
- Advanced Smart Grid, introduction, Artech House, 2015
- “The Internet of Energy,” Electric Perspectives magazine, 2015
- Written Testimony to the United States House of Representatives Energy and Commerce Committee, Subcommittee on Energy and Power, 2015
- “Big Data and the Smart Grid: Is Hadoop the Answer?”, Stanford Energy Journal, 2014
- Taking Care of eBusiness, Doubleday, 2001
- Cyber Rules, Doubleday, 1999
- Virtual Selling, Free Press, 1996
Edward Y. Abbo President and Chief Technology Officer
Mr. Abbo has served as our Chief Technology Officer since July 2011. He previously served as our Chief Executive Officer from September 2009 to July 2011 and a member of our board of directors from August 2009 to November 2020.
Prior to joining us, Mr. Abbo served as Senior Vice President of Engineering and Chief Technology Officer for Siebel Systems from July 1994 until it merged with Oracle Corporation in January 2006, and Senior Vice President of Oracle Corporation from January 2006 to July 2009.
Mr. Abbo holds a B.S. in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from Princeton University and an M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Houman Behzadi President and Chief Product Officer
Mr. Behzadi has served as our Chief Product Officer since October 2016. Mr. Behzadi previously served as our Senior Vice President and Chief Product Officer from October 2016 to July 2020, our Senior Vice President of Products and Engineering from July 2012 to October 2016, and our Vice President of Engineering from January 2010 to July 2012.
Prior to joining us, Mr. Behzadi held various leadership roles with Siebel Systems from January 2001 until it merged with Oracle Corporation in January 2006, and then served as Director, Application Development at Oracle Corporation from January 2006 to January 2010.
Mr. Behzadi holds a B.A. in Economics from the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Juho Parkkinen Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Mr. Parkkinen has served as our SVP and Chief Financial Officer since March 2022. He has served as the Company’s principal accounting officer since December 2021, and from February 2021 to December 2021, he served as the Company's Vice President and Corporate Controller. From March 2017 to January 2021, Mr. Parkkinen held various positions in the financial reporting group at MongoDB, Inc., a software company. From September 2009 to February 2017, Mr. Parkkinen held positions at Ernst & Young.
Mr. Parkkinen holds a B.S. in Business with an emphasis in Accounting and Mathematics from Santa Clara University and is a Certified Public Accountant in the State of California.